Announcing the ability to Test Windows Phone 8 applications with Experitest SeeTest
For testing Heterogeneous and mobile environments we have relied on world class partners. SeeTest from Experitest now enables Microsoft developers test mobile applications inc WIndowsPhone8, iOS, Android and Blackberry.
Experitest is a recognized leader in mobile testing and touts several powerful benefits with the latest release of SeeTest:
- As far as I know the first testing tool in the world to offer full Windows Phone 8. It is important to note this support is not a brittle OCR based system but a full native implementation.
- Seamless integration into with the Microsoft development platform including Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Test Manager
- The same benefits SeeTest has always offered their customers –and areas that set them apart in this field:
- Support for real devices (the devices should be developer enabled) and emulators
- Devices need not be altered in any way(i.e. jailbroken)
- Recorder enables testers to simply and quickly create theirs tests
- Objects are identified by native ID or by web properties (in web/hybrid apps)
- Object Spy provides the ability to inspect the objects’ Native or Web properties
- Integration into the full application testing cycle inc. installing the application, launch it and uninstalling it
- View results inc. screenshots with UI elements are highlighted.
Using SeeTest couldn’t be easier either with a simple two-step process:
Step 1****: Build your test in Visual Studio
Using the SeeTest template in Visual Studio Project you create a SeeTest project…
Step 2: Click on the SEETEST menu in Visual Studio you can import tests and view execution results
Alternatively: You can run also run these mobile Tests and view test results from Microsoft Test Manager:
Some screenshots of the latest SeeTest tools below:
Objects are identified by native ID or by web properties (in web/hybrid apps)
View results inc. screenshots with UI elements are highlighted.
Download now (free trial): http://experitest.com/
I am meeting with the development team this week and am hoping for more content on this exciting topic!