Announcing Team Foundation Power Tools v1.2
Team Foundation Server is happy to announce the release of version 1.2 of Team Foundation Power Tools (formerly known as Power Toys). In this release we’ve added 2 new command line tools for the developer and 3 non-command line tools. This version includes some bug fixes to previous Power Tools, support for Vista, and adds the following new functionality:
- Workspace Command (tfpt.exe) – Use the workspace command for additional workspace operations not supported in the currently shipping Team Foundation Server command-line tool (tf.exe).
- Treeclean Command – Use the treeclean command to see and optionally delete files in the current directory and all subdirectories that are not under version control.
- Process Template Editor – A tool that provides a user interface for authoring work item types and some of the associated process template components.
- Check-in Policy Pack – A set of custom policies that address often expressed customer needs. For example, the Custom Path Policy allows you to filter the specific items upon which another policy acts.
- Build Test Tools Task – An MSBuild task that allows you to run unit tests by specifying the DLLs or a file name pattern in the TfsBuild.proj file instead of using .vsmdi files to specify which tests to run.
· Please note that the Process Template Editor has some additional pre-requisites. These pre-requisites are identified on the download page.
After you install the power tools, you can find the help documentation for the commands, custom policies, and the build test tools task in <root>:Program FilesMicrosoft Team Foundation Server Power Tools. The help is included in a Word document titled “TeamFoundationPowertool.doc”. If you find any issues with the help, please send us a note and we will work to fix it in the next release.
Q (the document writer)