Microsoft C++ Team At CppCon 2019: Videos Available
Last month a large contingent from the Microsoft C++ team attended CppCon. We gave fourteen presentations covering our tools, developments in the standard, concepts which underlie the work we do, and more.
We also recorded an episode of CppCast with Microsoft MVPs Rob Irving and Jason Turner. You can hear more about the Open Sourcing of MSVC’s STL, the upcoming ASAN support in Visual Studio and our team’s effort in achieving C++17 standards conformance.
All our CppCon videos are available now, so please give them a watch and let us know what you think!
- Hello World From Scratch by Sy Brand and Peter Bindels
- Programming with C++ Modules: Guide for the Working Programmer by Gabriel Dos Reis
- Latest & Greatest in Visual Studio 2019 for C++ Developers by Sy Brand and Marian Luparu
- What’s New in Visual Studio Code for C++ Development – Remote Development, IntelliSense, Build/Debug, vcpkg, and More! by Tara Raj
- (Ab)using Compiler Tools Summit by Réka Kovács
- C++ Standard Library “Little Things” by Billy O’Neal
- Upgrade from “permissive C++” to “modern C++” with Visual Studio 2019 by Nick Uhlenhuth
- How to Herd 1,000 Libraries by Robert Schumacher
- C++ Sanitizers and Fuzzing for the Windows Platform Using New Compilers, Visual Studio, and Azure by Jim Radigan
- Lifetime analysis for everyone by Gábor Horváth and Matthias Gehre
- Killing Uninitialized Memory: Protecting the OS Without Destroying Performance by Joe Bialek and Shayne Hiet-Block
- Don’t Package Your Libraries, Write Packagable Libraries! (Part 2) by Robert Schumacher
- Floating-Point <charconv>: Making Your Code 10x Faster With C++17’s Final Boss by Stephan T. Lavavej
- De-fragmenting C++: Making Exceptions and RTTI More Affordable and Usable (“Simplifying C++” #6 of N) by Herb Sutter
If you have any subjects you’d like us to consider talking about at CppCon 2020 or other conferences, please let us know. We can be reached via the comments below, email (email@example.com), and Twitter (@VisualC).