Are you up for the Azure Cosmos DB Cloud Skills Challenge!?
The Azure Cosmos DB Developer Cloud Skills Challenge is here! This is a chance to expand your knowledge of Azure Cosmos DB on the road to certification. The challenge helps developers start building cloud-native applications with a fully managed NoSQL database. Across about 20 hours of instruction, you’ll learn to build, scale, and optimize modern applications on Azure with Azure Cosmos DB. The learning path will prepare you for the DP-420 Designing and Implementing Cloud-Native Applications Using Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB certification. You’ll also receive 50% off certification testing if you complete the challenge within 30 days.
What will I learn along the way?
The agenda of the learning path consists of several modules that focus on a developer’s journey into Azure Cosmos DB. Let’s explore a few of the big ideas you’ll learn in the Cloud Skills Challenge.
- Learn about Azure Cosmos DB and how to get started.
- Get to know the resource model and basic operations to set up a new Azure Cosmos DB account.
- Understand Request Units (RU/s) and how they help you plan for the costs and performance of your Azure Cosmos DB deployment.
Configuration and migration:
- Configuring Azure Cosmos DB databases and containers.
- Move data into and out of Azure Cosmos DB with open-source tools and Azure services.
- Write code to create, read, update, and delete items in Azure Cosmos DB.
- Understand how to implement a non-relational model for your applications.
- Design a data partitioning strategy.
- Customize an indexing policy for Azure Cosmos DB.
- Use the change feed to handle events with Azure Functions.
- Measuring the performance of your Azure Cosmos DB containers.
- Monitoring your updates.
- Understand why and how to implement backup services.
- Since security is always at top of your mind, learn more about securing your application data.
Earn 50% off certification testing
Complete the challenge within 30 days to receive a 50% off code for certification testing! Discounted Microsoft Certification exam codes will be delivered by email within 3 days of completing the challenge. To get started, you will need to create a free Microsoft Learn account. You can track your progress and gain experience points for every completed module.
You can receive one (1) discounted Microsoft Certification exam code every six months. If you complete an additional challenge more than six months after receiving your first code, you will be eligible for another code at that time.
Head to the Cloud Skills Challenge site and start learning for free! Take this opportunity to get yourself on the path to certification!
Get Started for Free
New to Azure? Sign up for an Azure Cosmos DB 30-day trial. No credit card required.
Existing Azure customer? Add Azure Cosmos DB free tier to your subscription and get 1,000 RU/s and 25GB of storage free each month.