Unity for Silverlight 2.0!
This is cool! 🙂
– Community Forum: http://codeplex.com/unity
What is Unity?
The Unity Application Block (Unity) is a lightweight, extensible dependency injection container. This release of Unity is a port of Unity Application Block 1.2 to Microsoft Silverlight 2.0.
The following capabilities and packaging of the Unity container have been adjusted in this release:
– The single Microsoft.Practices.Unity.dll file in the Silverlight version contains all the classes from the three separate desktop DLLs: Microsoft.Practices.Unity.dll, Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.dll, and Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactoryExtension.dll. You only need to reference and deploy the one assembly in your Silverlight projects.
– Because of differences in the Silverlight security model, only public types can be created and injected by the container. The desktop version allows you to also inject internal types.
– XML configuration is not supported.
– The Unity interception mechanism is not supported.