Join us: Government cloud strategies: What to know – Feb. 27
Cloud technologies are critical to keeping pace with innovation and securing America’s technical advantage. Cloud enables leading edge solutions for federal and military agency missions; ranging from improved citizen services and safety to protecting our warfighters and national security.
The importance of cloud to government is evident in the recently-released Department of Defense Cloud Strategy as well as the Office of Management and Budget’s Cloud Smart Strategy proposal released in September 2018.
With this in mind, we invite you to RSVP and join the Microsoft Azure Government DC user community on Wednesday, Feb. 27, from 6 – 8 p.m., to discuss the top things you should know about cloud strategies in government and the application of cloud technologies that can help your agency accelerate the path forward.
During this meetup, Government cloud strategies: What to know, at 1776 in Crystal City, Virginia, we’ll feature government and industry experts including:
- Dave Mihelcic, Principal Consultant, DMMI LLC; and former CTO, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
- Guy Cavallo, Deputy CIO, Small Business Administration
- Angel R. Smith, Director, Azure Government Affairs, Microsoft
- Patrick Arnold, Principal Program Manager, Azure Government, Microsoft
- Vernon Weisenburg, Principal Program Manager, Azure Government, Microsoft
In addition to engaging discussions, there will be see presentations, excellent networking opportunities and refreshments during this meetup which is free and open to the public. Be sure to RSVP today to join us – and help spread the word about this event to your colleagues and connections.
- 6:00-6:30 pm – Networking
- 6:35-6:45 pm – Introductions
- 6:45-7:00 pm – Secret Launch Update (Patrick Arnold, Vernon Weisenburg)
- 7:00-7:20 pm – Leveraging the Power of the Cloud: The Continuing Modernization of SBA (Guy Cavallo)
- 7:20-7:50 pm – Gov Strategy Panel Discussion (Dave Mihelcic, Angel Smith)
- 7:50-8:00 pm – Discussion Q&A
- 8:00-8:30 pm – Wrap-up & Networking