SQL Server Data Tools July Update
We’d like to announce the availability of the latest July 2014 release of SSDT. This update is now available for Visual Studio 2012 and 2013. For Visual Studio 2012 use the “SQL –> Check for Updates” tool inside Visual Studio or download via the download link below. For Visual Studio 2013 download check the Visual Studio update channel (Tools –> Extensions and Updates –> Updates) for this update.
Get it here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/data/hh297027
The July 2014 update includes many bug fixes along with the following enhancements:
- Schema Compare update
- Added MSBuild support for Schema Compare with text and XML output. A blog post is available with more information.
- Improved Windows Azure SQL Database node in the Server Explorer
- Added Token-based authentication using a Microsoft account (MSA) or organizational account (OrgId)
- Added supported for VS2012
- Improved PDW support
- PDW tooling is now part of the Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop SKU. This requires the VS 2013 Update 2 or later to be installed
- Support for PDW appliance updates in both VS2012 and VS2013