2010 Scripting Games: Advanced Event 7–Creating a Graphical Tool
Note: We are no longer accepting entries for this event. See the due dates page for a list of all event due dates.
About This Event
Date of Event
May 4, 2010
May 11, 2010
You have been tasked to create a graphical tool that will display the following information:
- Logged-on user name.
- Computer name and domain name, if applicable.
- How long the user has been logged on.
- The number of programs running.
- The amount of committed memory and free physical memory.
- The current level of CPU utilization.
- If the user is a regular user or has administrator rights.
- Your script can be written in any fashion you wish. In VBScript, you may wish to create an HTA; in Windows PowerShell, you may wish to use the WPF from the Windows 7 Resource Kit, PowerShell PowerBoots from CodePlex, PrimalForms from SAPIEN, or any other graphical interface creation tool (or hand-coded .NET).
- Your script does not need to retrieve remotely, but extra points will be given if it does.
- Your script does not need to refresh the data, but if you wish to implement a Refresh button, extra points will be granted.
- Extra design points will be given if you add additional useful information to the script/graphical tool.
2010 Scripting Games Links
Ed Wilson and Craig Liebendorfer, Scripting Guys