PIX is far from finished: we have a long list of things we’d like to improve and add. This list is both incomplete and uncommitted, so no guarantee that we’ll actually ever do all these! But we wanted to share it anyway, to give you some idea of where we are likely to go next, and to get your feedback about priorities and what we are missing. Items toward the top of this list are likely to appear in PIX sooner than the ones further down.
- Improve Performance & Stability
- Feature parity between new timing captures and old timing captures
- Improved DXR debugging
- Standardized set of counters / workflows across different GPU architectures
- Improved ability to take captures programmatically
- Support for Thread Group Shared Memory in shader debugger
- Add more Dr. PIX experiments, API usage warnings, and System Monitor counters.
- API summary statistics (how many draw calls, resource barriers, etc.)
- Support apps that make simultaneous use of multiple GPUs.
- Support for optionally collect Performance Monitoring Counters in Function Summary and Callgraph captures.
- Assembly level instruction tracing to help you identify candidates for micro-optimizations within a function.
- Tools to artificially simulate running on a GPU with less video memory, TDR, and display changes such as monitor add/remove.