2022 mid-year link clearance
The semi-annual link clearance commences.
- Who marries whom?: Based on data collected in 2014 from 3.5 million households in the United States, look up which pairs of occupations marry each other most often. Male computer programmers are most likely to marry female elementary and middle school teachers, for example. Though to be fair, if you look at most of the male-dominated occupations, nearly all of them have a high rate of marriage to female elementary and middle school teachers, registered nurses, and secretaries and administrative assistants. That’s because those are the top three occupations for women overall.
- I have no idea who these people are, but their photo journal of a trip to Newfoundland and adjacent territories was quite delightful to read. If you’re in a hurry, skip to Part 3 where they try to find the northernmost point in the continental United States.
- Scanno, L’Aquila, Abruzzo, Italy, by photographer Henri Cartier-Bresson is mesmerizing. It’s like an Escher drawing, but in a photograph.
- Is it safe to use __SECRET_INTERNALS_DO_NOT_USE_OR_YOU_WILL_BE_FIRED? Gee, I wonder.
- I recorded a few more short videos for WindowsDocs. This resulted in a mini-reunion with Larry, Ross, and John.
The semi-annual link clearance has concluded.