PDC 2008 notes: The aftermath
The Web page associated with my PDC 2008 talk has been updated to include the source code that I used for all of the demos.
- When I wrote, “If you know what’s good for you, don’t actually use a title image,” that was in the context of using group descriptions. If you watch the video, you’ll see that if you give a group description a title image, the title image is drawn on top of the text, which is, not to put too fine a point on it, hideous. If you’re going to go down the road of using the total information overload of group descriptions, at least use a blank title image. Of course, if you’re not using group descriptions, then go ahead and use title images; they look fine on their own.
- James Senior posts more monkey facts about the PDC as well as a time lapse video of the keynote room being set up and torn down.
- Xirrus issued a press release on how their devices were used to provide record-setting wireless connectivity at the PDC.
- Jon Galloway gives a behind-the-curtain look at how the microsoftpdc.com Web site was built.
- In case you didn’t know, Windows 7 Developer White Papers are available for download. New white papers are added to the list every so often, so it’s worth another look.