SharePoint Dev Weekly – Episode 40
SharePoint Dev Weekly is a videos series where Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) and Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore) will have a weekly discussion on the latest SharePoint Dev topics. They will talk about few specific topics in the video and we’ll collect also other weekly SharePoint Dev news on these blog posts so that you can easily follow the most interesting engineering and community articles from one single location. This video was recorded on Friday 17th of May 2019 and guys were joined by Simon Ågren (Sogeti) as the visitor for this week.
Video at SharePoint Dev YouTube channel.
These videos are published each week and they are intended to be roughly 20-30 minute, but they always go slightly longer than intended. Please do give us feedback on this video series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter with a hashtag of #SPDevWeekly. “Sharing is caring!”
Topics mentioned in the video
Discussions in the video were on the following topics:
- Discussions on how the experience impacts on the solution designs as a developer
- Extending vs customizing SharePoint – Benefits and advantages of different options
- Moving into monthly release cycle with the SharePoint Framework
- SharePoint Conference 2019 – May 21-23, 2019
- European Collaboration Summit – May 27-29, 2019
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this video. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- SharePoint Library Components – Optimized Bundling – David Warner II (Catapult Systems)
- How to search for your hubsite data using SharePoint Search API – Sébastien Levert (Valo Intranet)
- Getting and Access Token for a Service in SharePoint Framework – Paolo Pialorsi (Piasys)
- Isolated web parts – Microsoft
- Episode #54 – Managing AAD users with Microsoft Graph and PnP – Paolo Pialorsi (Piasys)
- SPFx multiline textbox field rending as single line of text in SharePoint Online – Krishna Vandanapu (Wells Fargo)
- May 2019 release SharePoint Client Browser – Bram de Jager (delaware)
- What’s new and what’s changed in SharePoint Online REST API in March-April 2019 – Sergei Sergeev (Mastaq)
- PnP Provisioning Templates – ProvisionPoint
If you’d like to have a specific visitor in the weekly videos and/or have specific questions to SharePoint engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 21st of May 2019