Microsoft 365 & SharePoint PnP Weekly – Episode 76
In this session of PnP Weekly, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft), Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore), and typically a special guest from the PnP Community, discuss the latest news and topics around Microsoft 365 development. This week, Vesa and Waldek are joined by Brett Lonsdale – Office Apps and Services MVP, owner of UK based Lightning Tools developing “gap filler” products like BDC Meta Man and Lightning Conductor for the Microsoft 365 Suite. Topics of discussion included: Decreasing time between release and adoption, improved product use experience as a result of adopting SPFx, building personal apps (including Social-Squared – discussion forum tool) for Microsoft Teams and using Microsoft Graph to connect with apps and data across the M365 suite.
As always, if you need help on an issue, want to share a discovery, or just want to say: “Job well done”, please reach out to Vesa, to Waldek or to your PnP Community.
This episode was recorded on Monday, March 23, 2020.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly (or older #SPDevWeekly). We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
Microsoft / PnP articles:
- MVP Summit 2020 | Microsoft
- Microsoft Graph .NET SDK updates | Microsoft
- Page limit added to Microsoft Graph OneNote API | Alex Zhang (Microsoft)
- Accessing Outlook items in a user’s archived, shared or delegated mailboxes using Microsoft Graph | Microsoft
- Power Platform: What How When & Why | Tracy van der Schyff
- SharePoint Framework – Facelift Your Dropdowns With Office UI Fabric Icons | Nanddeep Nachan
- Run PnP PowerShell with saved module | David Ramalho (Storm Technology Ltd)
- Power Automate – SharePoint ‘Get Items’ action: New options for folders | Michel Mendes (Storm Technology Ltd)
- React, Hooks, and Office Development – Bringing It All Together | Mike Homol (ThreeWill)
- Modern Script Editor web part now with support for Teams tabs! | Mikael Svenson (Microsoft)
- Side effect of mapping crawled properties to refinable managed properties | Mikael Svenson (Microsoft)
- Using the new multilingual APIs in Modern SharePoint | Elio Struyf (Valo Intranet)
- Using the PnP Modern Search Web Parts with Refiners for Site Name and Content Type | Marc D Anderson (Sympraxis Consulting)
- Bring your Teams provisioning order form and approvals where they matter the most – Part 1 | Laura Kokkarinen (Sulava)
- How to provision modern Sharepoint page with custom SPFx web part via PnP template | Alexey Sadomov (Valo Intranet)
- FindTime and Script Lab | The Microsoft Garage
- Social Squared – discussion forum personal app for Teams | Lightning Tools
- SharePoint look book
- Microsoft 365 learning pathways
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to SharePoint/Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 24th of March 2020