Way of MEF slides and Code
Thanks to everyone who came out to the “Way of MEF” education day in Cupertino. I had a great time and you were an awesome audience. I really appreciate all the great / in-depth questions. It showed that you really were keeping along. I also enjoyed all the different side conversations, and all the times you guys overwhelmed me at the breaks. I really do love this stuff!
Here is a link to get you access to the code and the slides: http://cid-f8b2fd72406fb218.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Public/Way%20of%20MEF
If you download the code it contains the following:
- HelloMef_Simple – The simple widget example we built
- HelloMef_Extended – Sample that downloads multiple XAPs and which demonstrates ExportFactory.
- MefRules_Simple – The simple rules engine we built on the fly
- MefRules_Extended – More complete rules engine sample which uses rule metadata and contains a runner for Silverlight and Desktop.
- DynamicObjectContracts – Demonstrates a simple illustration of using dynamic exports and imports
- PartUpdatesInPlace – Demonstrates uses shadow copying to allow hot swapping / removing parts on the fly. (the one that the audience asked me about)
Here are additional links:
- Default exports: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/gblock/archive/2009/05/14/customizing-container-behavior-part-2-of-n-defaults.aspx
- Filtered Catalogs: http://mef.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Filtering%20Catalogs&referringTitle=Guide
- Config export provider: http://codepaste.net/en44vo
- Ruby and MEF: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nblumhardt/archive/tags/ruby/
- ASP.NET MVC and MEF: MEF and ASP.NET MVC sample updated
- ASP.NET Web Forms and MEF (doesn’t use CompositionInitializer approach): WebForms and MEF Sample
- Diagnosing MEF – http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nblumhardt/archive/2009/08/28/analyze-mef-assemblies-from-the-command-line.aspx
Finally as promised, if you have questions that were not answered in the talk, feel free to comment here or email me direct and I will answer them in a follow up post.
Yes, I know I need to post on what I am working on now……I hear you, pleae be patient 🙂