Taking HTTP support in WCF to the next level
If you are building for the web and the cloud, then you know that HTTP is important. WCF is no stranger to HTTP. Since .NET 3.5, we’ve been continually delivering capabilities in the platform to enable developers to expose services as resources over HTTP. Now we’re looking to raise the bar several notches.
At PDC, I’ll be showing work we are doing to unlock the full richness of HTTP within your network based applications.
- We’re going to let you have complete control over HTTP.
- Support a multitude of media types (formats) i..e XML, JSON, ATOM, OData, and custom formats including those that are hypermedia driven
- Give you full access to your Uri and headers,
- Provide richer support for web frameworks like JQuery
- Provide a more simplified configuration story.
That is just the beginning. We want you to have it your way with HTTP!
Want to hear more? Watch my talk