Seattle user group, Feb 13: F# on iOS with Xamarin Studio and Mac
If you are in the Seattle area, come by the Microsoft campus February 13 at 7pm for a talk on creating F# iOS apps using Xamarin Studio on Mac. Details on the group’s meetup page, here: https://www.meetup.com/FSharpSeattle/events/159071122/.
For more information regarding F# on iOS, see https://fsharp.org/use/ios/.
Xamarin.iOS lets you create iOS apps using F# and C#. In this talk we will cover how to build an iOS app in F#, including:
• A brief overview of using Xamarin Studio on a Mac for development
• Interop between normal Objective-C objects and Mono objects
• What to do in C# (instead of F#), and why
• Using F# MailboxProcessors to build a reactive UI
• Mixing Objective-C, C, C++ and F# in a project
About the speaker:
James Moore is a Senior Software Developer at Digium, where he works on iOS and Android applications. He’s interested in applying functional programming ideas to user interfaces in the mobile space, using both F# and Scala. He’s responsible for the AndroidProguardScala Eclipse plugin, making Scala-on-Android development much more pleasant. In the past, he’s worked on consumer and enterprise web applications at companies including Classmates and MP3.com.