Azure SDK Release (June 2021)
Thank you for your interest in the new Azure SDKs! We release new features, improvements, and bug fixes every month. Please subscribe to our Azure SDK Blog RSS Feed to get notified when a new release is available.
You can find links to packages, code, and docs on our Azure SDK Releases page.
Welcome to the June release of the Azure SDK. We have updated the following libraries:
- Adds stable features and bug fixes from the beta releases. See the Cognitive Search changelog for more details.
- Preview service features not generally available yet, like Semantic Search and Normalizers, are not included in this release.
- Support for geospatial types in core for .NET and Java.
- Support for knowledge store.
Azure Data Tables version 12.0
- Read more here: Announcing the new Azure Data Table Libraries.
Azure SDK for Python (Conda) packages are now generally available in the Microsoft channel.
- Adds new system events definition for Storage Blob and Azure Communication Service.
Form Recognizer version 3.1
- This release marks the stability of the changes introduced in package versions 3.1.0-beta.1 through 3.1.0-beta.3.
Core, Identity, and Azure Storage for C++ version 1.0
Key Vault Administration, Certificates, Keys and Secrets.
- Key Vault Administration is a new library that allows for role-based access control (RBAC), and backup and restore operations for Managed HSM.
- Key Vault Keys added functionality:
- Support for Managed HSM.
- Cryptography clients now support executing all operations locally if given a
- Support for creating and importing symmetric keys for Managed HSM.
- RSA keys now support providing a public exponent.
App Configuration version 1.2: initial release
Azure Agrifood Farming version 1.0: initial release
- Azure FarmBeats enables aggregation of agriculture data sets across providers, allowing you to build artificial intelligence (AI) or machine learning (ML) models based on fused data sets.
- With the preview of Azure FarmBeats you can build or augment your digital agriculture solution with farm health advisories that:
- Assess farm health using vegetation index and water index based on satellite imagery.
- Give recommendations on how many soil moisture sensors to use and where to place them.
- Track farm conditions by visualizing ground data collected by sensors from various vendors.
- Provide soil moisture maps based on the fusion of satellite and sensor data.
- See this overview for more information.
Azure Blob Storage, Data Lake Storage, Files, and Queue Storage has released SDKs with Azure Storage Service API version
Azure Confidential Ledger version 1.0
Azure Communication Services for .NET and iOS version 1.0
Azure Communication Services Chat for Android version 1.0
Azure Container Registry version 1.0
Azure Cosmos DB client for Java version 4.16
Azure Data Lake Storage for Java (version 12.6) and Python (version 12.4)
Azure Monitor Query version 1.0: initial release
- The library provides an ability to query both Azure Monitor Logs and Metrics data. Benefits introduced in this new library include:
- A single client library for both Logs and Metrics querying.
- Azure Active Directory authentication support for both Logs and Metrics queries.
- Handwritten .NET client library (code generation was used for old packages).
- Updated Swagger to include batch API for Logs query, performance statistics such as query execution and resource usage, and server timeout.
- Read more about here about The New Azure Monitor Libraries.
Key Vault for C++ version 4.0
- Contains the
ModelsRepositoryClientto talk to the Azure Models Repository service, with initial support for getting models and helper functions for working with DTMIs.
- Contains the
Translator for Python version 1.0: initial release
- Offers real-time text translation and document batch translation.
Video Analyzer version 1.0: initial release
- Allows you to interact with the direct methods of a Video Analyzer edge module.
- Supports constructing objects that represent the direct methods that can then be sent to the edge module using the IoT Hub SDKs.
- Designed to be used with the Azure IoT Hub SDKs.
- All release notes
- .NET release notes
- Java release notes
- Python release notes
- C++ release notes
- Embedded C release notes
- Android release notes
- iOS release notes
- Go release notes
Azure SDK Blog Contributions
We are open to Azure SDK blog contributions and invite you to be a guest blogger. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your topic and we’ll get you setup.
Azure SDK Links
- Azure SDK Website: aka.ms/azsdk
- Azure SDK Intro (3 minute video): aka.ms/azsdk/intro
- Azure SDK Intro Deck (PowerPoint deck): aka.ms/azsdk/intro/deck
- Azure SDK Releases: aka.ms/azsdk/releases
- Azure SDK Blog: aka.ms/azsdk/blog
- Azure SDK Twitter: twitter.com/AzureSDK
- Azure SDK Design Guidelines: aka.ms/azsdk/guide
- Azure SDKs & Tools: azure.microsoft.com/downloads
- Azure SDK Central Repository: github.com/azure/azure-sdk
- Azure SDK for .NET: github.com/azure/azure-sdk-for-net
- Azure SDK for Java: github.com/azure/azure-sdk-for-java
- Azure SDK for Python: github.com/azure/azure-sdk-for-python
- Azure SDK for Android: github.com/Azure/azure-sdk-for-android
- Azure SDK for iOS: github.com/Azure/azure-sdk-for-ios
- Azure SDK for Go: github.com/Azure/azure-sdk-for-go
- Azure SDK for C: github.com/Azure/azure-sdk-for-c
- Azure SDK for C++: github.com/Azure/azure-sdk-for-cpp