Workaround for HTML closing tag problem
In Visual Studio 2012, HTML tags will fail to be automatically closed when using the following keyboard layouts:
- Canadian Multilingual
On these keyboards, the “>” character is typed by pressing AltGr+. or RightAlt+.
- Open the Tools/Customize dialog
- Click the “Keyboard…” button
- In the “Show commands containing:” text field, enter: view.autoclose
- The list view will display “View.AutoCloseTagOverride”
- “Shortcuts for selected command” will display: Ctrl+Alt+. (HTML Editor Source View)
- Press the “Remove” button
- Press the “OK button
- In the Customize dialog, press the “Close” button
Typing an HTML tag will now result in the closing tag being automatically inserted, as in VS 2010.