Releasing Microsoft ASP.NET Universal Providers Core 1.2
I hope everyone has been busy downloading Visual Studio 2012 and have started building awesome web applications. We have been busy too during this time.
We have just released an update to the version of Universal Providers that shipped with VS2012. Following are the key changes with this release
- Address key performance issues with the providers
- Depends on EntityFramework Code First
What should you do
This version of Universal Providers Core that shipped with VS2012 was 1.1. Take a moment and update to 1.2
You can follow this documentation on how to update a nuget package.
Some common FAQ
- Works on .NET v4.0/4.5
- Works on VS2010/VS2012
- 1.2 is compatible with 1.1
Please do reach out to us on the following forum channels for any questions on universal providers
- ASP.NET forums http://forums.asp.net/25.aspx/1?Security
- Stack Overflow: Use the tag “membership” Following are some questions for universal providers on SO http://stackoverflow.com/search?q=universal+providers
All the best building awesome applications.
Cross posted to http://blogs.msdn.com/b/pranav_rastogi/archive/2012/08/20/releasing-microsoft-asp-net-universal-providers-core-1-2.aspx