Open sourcing and releasing ASP.NET Identity 2.2.0
We are releasing the final version of ASP.NET Identity 2.2. The main focus in this release was to fix bugs and address performance issues.
We have also made the source code publicly available on aspnetidentity.codeplex.com and will be taking contributions to the project. Check out the project home page for more details.
Note: This is the source code for ASP.NET Identity 2.2. ASP.NET Identity 3.0 is part of ASP.NET 5 and the source code is on GitHub.
Download this release
You can download ASP.NET Identity from the NuGet gallery. You can install or update these packages using the NuGet Package Manager Console, like this:
Install-Package Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.EntityFramework –Version 2.2.0
Install-Package Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.Core -Version 2.2.0
Install-Package Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.OWIN -Version 2.2.0
What’s in this release?
This query has the list of all issues fixed in this release. The main issues fixed are as follows.
1991 Additional IdentityDbContext constructor
2278 ASP.net Identity ChangePassword is inefficient on the database
- We have lots of samples for Identity at https://aspnet.codeplex.com. Please look for the Identity folder in the source. https://aspnet.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest
- For documentation on ASP.NET Identity please visit http://www.asp.net/identity.
- Improve performance by optimizing queries for ASP.NET Identity and other Membership Providers
- Account Confirmation and password recovery
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Migrating from Membership to Identity
- ASP.NET Identity Recommended resources
Migrating from ASP.NET Identity 2.1.0
This is a compatible release with 2.1.0 and there are no database schema changes with this release.
Give feedback and get support
- If you find a bug in ASP.NET Identity 2.2, please open them at our Codeplex site https://aspnetidentity.codeplex.com/
- If you have questions, please ask them on Stack Overflow and use the following tag “asp.net-identity”